As part of a new monthly series, the American Booksellers Association’s IndieCommerce Team presented a webinar called “Web Design 101: How to Create Clean, High-Converting Websites” on January 27.
The webinar, presented by ABA’s Chanthee Keokhaw and Murray Sampson, covered the basics of using the themes and templates feature on IndieCommerce sites. IndieCommerce offers more than 20 different templates stores can use out-of-the-box to build a more modern-looking website.
Out-of-the-box themes are ones that have been vetted by the IndieCommerce team and are ready to use as they are. These themes are responsive and mobile friendly, in addition to being maintained by IndieCommerce developers and updated to ensure compatibility with new features.
The IndieCommerce team also improves these themes over time. Examples of theme improvements include: adding built-in social media icons; expanding the search form in certain regions; adding easy slideshow settings; adding extra regions and color options; and adding a hamburger icon for mobile menus.
Take a look at some of the themes IndieCommerce stores are currently using:
- Picture Reloaded: https://www.writersblockbookstore.com
- Sky: https://www.greenlightbookstore.com
- United Zymphonies: https://www.josephbeth.com
- Zircon: https://www.mcleanandeakin.com
- Nexus: https://www.ravenbookstore.com
- Premium Responsive: https://www.wordsworthbookstore.com
- Mix and Match: https://www.changinghands.com
- Bootstrap Business: www.flyleafbooks.com
Booksellers can view a complete comparison chart for IndieCommerce themes on BookWeb.org. Booksellers can also view the webinar on BookWeb.org, where they will find a full demonstration on enabling and using out-of-the-box themes.
Questions about IndieCommerce can be sent to email@example.com.