There are many different ‘Payment Methods’ that can be enabled for your website:
Navigate to: Store > Configuration > Payment Methods
A list of available payment methods, and those enabled on your site can be verified on the Store Features page (Store > Configuration > Account information and Preferences > Store Features). If you wish to have a particular payment method enabled on your site, you can send us a request from the Store Features page.
- Pay at Store: Allows the customer to place an order online through your website, but opt to pay for the order at the store. Since no payment information has been collected through the website it is important that you obtain payment for this order separately and then take the appropriate steps to update and complete the order through your website.
- PayPal Website Payments Standard: This payment method allows the customer to pay for their order via Paypal, using any of the accepted payment methods via Paypal (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, eCheck, Paypal Credit). Payment information is entered directly through Paypal instead of through your website. For more information on how Paypal is setup for your IndieCommerce website please review: 'Paypal'.
- Credit Card: This payment method allows customers to pay for their order online through your website using a credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover or American Express). The credit card will be processed using either the ABA Authorize.net account, or your own Authorize.net account, if you have provided the credentials for it. For more information regarding the differences between using ABA’s Authorize.net account and your own Authorize.net account, please review ‘Using Your Own Authorize.net Account’
- Purchase Order: This payment method allows customers to pay using a ‘Purchase Order’ number. Typically, purchase orders are decent sized orders that have already been discussed between the store and the customer and may be receiving special terms. Once a customer has entered a ‘Purchase Order’, no other form of payment will be required to submit the order, which leaves you (the store) responsible for collecting payment for the order. The label and description fields for this payment method are customizable.
- House Account: This payment method allows customers to pay using a ‘House Account’ (that the customer might have at your store). Typically, House Accounts are special customers who require a bit of extra attention or have special circumstances set up with you. Once a customer has entered a ‘House Account’, no other form of payment will be required to submit the order, and this leaves you (the store) responsible for collecting payment for the order. The label and description fields for this payment method are customizable.
- Store Gift Card: This payment method allows customers to pay for their order using a ‘Store Gift Card’, by simply entering the gift card number during checkout. Store gift cards are not automatically redeemed during checkout. Stores are responsible for checking the balance and redeeming the card manually, at the store.
- Givex Gift Card: The ‘Givex Gift Card Program’ is a third party gift card that integrates with your IndieCommerce website. ‘Balance check’, ‘ Redemption’ and ‘Adjustment’ can be done from an IndieCommerce site. The reason IndieCommerce provides this level of integration for Givex is because of the partnership that ABA had with Givex many years ago; this integration was created at that time and we just continue to support it. Customers can combine Givex Gift Card payment with credit card payment. To find out more about how Givex integrates with your IndieCommerce website please review 'Givex Gift Card'.
- Online Only Gift Code: The ‘Online Only Gift Code’ allows your customer to pay using a gift code (very much like a gift card number). The gift code balance is verified and redeemed during checkout, and this can be combined with credit card payment. For more information regarding how the ‘Online Only Gift Code’ is setup and used, please review 'Online Only Gift Codes'.
NOTE: You can find more information regarding how orders with these different types of payment methods are processed by reviewing 'Fulfilling Orders'.