Custom Checkout Messages
If you wish to display a special message to your customers at the end of checkout, a special message pertaining to their order, you may do so using ‘Rules’.
Example scenarios where a custom checkout message could be used :
- For a store pickup order, remind your customers to wait for a call from you before coming to the store to pick up their order
- A signed book in the order should be picked up at the event location
- An order with a particular title could take an extra couple of days to process
Here we will use #3 as a use case to walk through the steps.
Navigate to: Configuration > Workflow > Rules
- Select ‘Add new rule’
- Enter the ‘Name’ for your rule - The rule name should be simple and easy to identify what the rule is for. Example: Signed Gaiman book checkout message.
- Set ‘React on event’ to ‘Customer completes checkout’
- Under ‘Active Rules’ locate the rule you just created and select ‘Edit’
- Select ‘Add Condition’
- Set ‘Condition to add’ to ‘Check an order’s products by ISBN/SKU’
- Enter the Product's ‘Value’ - This should be the ISBN or SKU for the product you want the message to display for.
- Select ‘Add action’
- Set the ‘Action to add’ to ‘Show message on site’
- Enter the Message ‘Value’ - This should be the message you want displayed when the customer completes checkout for this item. Example: Thank you for purchasing a signed copy of the Neil Gaiman book. Please remember this title requires an extra 2-3 days for processing.
Set the Message type ‘Value’ to ‘Status’
- Status - displays as a message highlighted by a green bar
- Warning - displays as a message highlighted by a yellow bar
- Error - displays as a message highlighted by a red bar
Your rule is now configured and enabled. We recommend you place a test order through your site to confirm that the rule works.