Store Features and Preferences
Navigate to: Store > Configuration > Account Information & Preferences > Store Features
There are a wide variety of features that can be toggled on or off for your site. If you see something interesting on another IndieCommerce site, (like an 'Add to Wishlist' button) chances are that it can be found under ‘Store Features’. We definitely recommend browsing this list at your convenience.
- To request activation select ‘Enable This Feature’ for the desired feature
Scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Send request to ABA’
- After you submit an activation request to email@example.com, ABA staff will enable the requested features, and send a confirmation email detailing any additional information about the function.
- Want to disable a feature? Select the ‘Disable This Feature’ button and ‘Send request to ABA’. We’ll confirm when it has been disabled.
Navigate to: Store > Configuration > Account Information & Preferences > Store Preferences
There are 'Preferences' that can be set within the site, by a Store Admin:
Wholesaler Fulfilled - This preference allows you to decide whether Ingram will automatically fill certain orders on your behalf.
- If the checkmark is PRESENT, orders can be sent automatically to Ingram whenever possible.
- If the checkmark is REMOVED, Ingram will no longer fill orders on your behalf, automatically.
- Keep in mind that, even if you have not selected this checkbox, you will still have the option, on a case-by-case basis, to send certain orders back to Ingram to be filled on your behalf (suitable orders will have a "Send to Wholesaler" button at the top of the Order View page).
Short Discount - This refers to books that have a wholesaler discount of less than 35%. By default, these titles are NOT sent to Ingram for fulfillment, as many stores feel they can get a better discount elsewhere.
- If the checkmark is PRESENT, these items will NOT be sent to Ingram, and the order will be store-fulfilled.
- If the checkmark is REMOVED, these items could be sent to Ingram for fulfillment.
Special Order - Special Order items are titles that Ingram lists in their database, but do not currently have in stock (whether back-ordered, OSI, OP, or just not carried by Ingram). These can be excluded for sale through the website.
- If the checkmark is PRESENT, Special Order items will NOT be available for sale through the website.
- If the checkmark is REMOVED, customers will be able to put these items in their shopping cart.
Disable EBook Fulfillment - This preference will allow you to decide whether or not to make eBooks available.
- If the checkmark is PRESENT, eBooks will NOT be available for sale on your site.
- If the checkmark is REMOVED, eBooks can be searched for and purchased on your site.
Not Yet Published - These are books that have a pub date that is further than 10 weeks away. They are generally not available for pre-order, since book data that far from actual publication is subject to change, and titles can even be canceled. This preference allows a store to make these titles available for pre-order.
- If the checkmark is PRESENT, customers will see the "Add to Cart" button for these titles.
- If the checkmark is REMOVED, the button will not appear, and customers cannot purchase this title on your site.
Default Product Description - This feature allows you to display the default product descriptions on all booklists.
- If the checkmark is PRESENT, the default product description will be displayed on all booklists automatically. If you opt to enter a ‘Product Review’ for an particular book, the review will replace the default description.
- If the checkmark is REMOVED, the default product description will not be displayed on booklists automatically. You can still add ‘Product Review’ separately on a book by book basis.
Stop All Ingram Orders - This preference allows you to completely remove the option to send orders to Ingram for fulfillment. *This option is currently not working on D7 yet*
- If the checkmark is PRESENT, Store Admins will NOT be able to send orders (regular or pre-orders) to Ingram.
- If the checkmark is REMOVED, Store Admins will have the “Send to Wholesaler’ option for suitable orders at the top of the Order View page
Always Save Credit Card Profile - By default, the system allows customers to decide whether or not they save their credit card information to their account. This preference allows you (the store) to ALWAYS save the credit card information.
- If the checkmark is PRESENT, customers will not have an option to opt out of saving credit card information during checkout. Credit card information will automatically be saved.
- If the checkmark is REMOVED, customers can opt out of saving their credit card information.
- Keep in mind that what is saved is the 'Credit Card Profile' – a reference to the customer's credit card, and not the actual credit card information. And, event that profile is not saved on your IndieCommerce site or by ABA. This is a reference to the customer credit card on a secure service with Authorize.net. You can learn more about the ‘CIM’ feature through Authorize.net here: http://www.authorize.net/solutions/merchantsolutions/merchantservices/cim/
- Please be aware, we highly recommend adding a note somewhere on your site to notify customers that you are saving their 'Credit Card Profile'
Hide Logo In Invoice - This preference allows you hide the logo from being displayed on order invoices and confirmation emails.
- If the checkmark is PRESENT, the logo will be removed from order invoices and confirmation emails. Your site name and address will still appear.
- If the checkmark is REMOVED, the logo will appear on order invoices and confirmation emails along with your site name and address.
Disable Search by ISBN-10 - This preference allows you to disable the functionality that allows a user to search by a 10 digit ISBN and be automatically directed to the book page for the corresponding 13 digit ISBN book.
- If the checkmark is PRESENT, users cannot search by ISBN-10
- If the checkmark is REMOVED, users can search by ISBN-10. The ISBN-10 will automatically be converted to ISBN-13 and the customer taken directly to the matching book page.
Show Large Cover Image - This preference allows you to display larger cover images on the product pages, instead of the defaulted small ones.
- If the checkmark is PRESENT, large cover images will be displayed
- If the checkmark is REMOVED, small cover images will be displayed
This completes the review of all of the store preference options. Don’t forget to ‘Save Configuration’ after making changes.