Givex Gift Cards
Givex is a third party company that ABA has partnered with for gift cards. They are the only third-party gift card that integrates with your IndieCommerce website in such a way that it can recognize the Givex card numbers, check the balance on a card, and thereby verify the payment at the time the order is placed.
SIGN UP WITH GIVEX
In order to sell Givex gift cards, you will need to set up an account with Givex. You can visit their site at www.givex.com. Once you have an account with them, you will need to purchase gift cards. There are different types you can purchase (standard, custom, card-holders, e-cards, etc) and the rates vary based on type and quantity. If you’re unsure what might be best for your store, or you have questions about rates you will want to contact Givex either through their website or by calling 877-478-7733. Please make note of ‘Web POS Login’ information provided to you by Givex, that information will be needed to setup ‘Givex Gift Card’ module.
ENABLE GIVEX GIFT CARD FOR YOUR WEBSITE
Once you have signed up with Givex and purchased your gift cards we can enable and configure the ‘Gift Card Payment’ module for you.
Navigate to: Store > Configuration > Account Information and Preferences > Store Features
- Locate ‘Givex Gift Card’ (under ECommerce) - Select ‘Enable This Feature’ for ‘Givex Gift Card’
- Select ‘Send request to ABA’
Once ABA receives that request we will enable the module for you, to complete configuration we will need your ‘Web POS Login’ information from Givex. We suggest you follow up your request for the module to be enabled with either a phone call to us at 800-637-0037 (option 2) or by sending that information in 2 separate emails to email@example.com. We will confirm when the module has been enabled.
NOTE: If you would like to change the ‘display name’ of the ‘Givex Gift Card’ navigate to: Store > Configuration > Payment Method, select ‘Settings’ and modify the ‘Header’ field.
SELLING GIFT CARDS ON YOUR SITE
Want to sell your Givex gift cards through your website? Review the instructions on ‘Creating Gift Cards As A Product For Sale’.
USING GIVEX GIFT CARDS AS PAYMENT
Once a customer has their gift card they can use it as payment for their order through your website. When your customer is on the Checkout page and ready to complete their order, they should follow the standard checkout process but make these specific choices to use their gift card::
- Select 'Givex Gift Card' as the payment method (the name selection may vary depending on what you choose to call it)
- Enter their gift card number - they can enter up to two gift card numbers, separated by a comma and no spaces
Select the link that reads 'Check your balance to continue’,
- If the amount available on the gift card(s) covers the balance of the order they should continue completing the checkout form and can place their order
- If the amount available on the gift card(s) does not cover the balance of the order, the customer will be prompted to enter credit card information as well for the remaining balance.
CHECKING THE BALANCE OF A GIVEX GIFT CARD THROUGH YOUR WEBSITE
- Go to www.yoursite.com/giftcard/balance
- Enter the gift card number
- Select ‘Check Balance’
MANAGING GIVEX GIFT CARDS
All ‘management’ for Givex gift cards (refunds, adjustments, additional balance checks, transaction history search, etc.) occurs through www.givex.com. If you need assistance with www.givex.com you should contact the Givex customer support line: 877-478-7733.