All booksellers are invited to join the ABA Coffee Breaks, a regular live forum hosted by the American Booksellers Association where booksellers can talk with one another about any bookselling-related topics.
ABA will hold its monthly evening coffee break on Thursday, August 27, at 6:00 p.m. ET.
The Tuesday, September 1, Coffee Break has been reprogrammed to focus on buying monthly versus seasonally. Bookseller questions will also be answered. The coffee break will be held from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET.
For this special session, booksellers will hear from:
- Noelle Santos of The Lit. Bar in Bronx, New York
- Cynthia Compton of 4 Kids Books & Toys in Zionsville, Indiana
- Matt Stowe of Greenlight Bookstore in Brooklyn, New York
- Melanie Knight of Books Inc. in the San Francisco area
- Penguin Random House VP and Field Sales Director Beth Koehler
- Penguin Adult Sales Manager Justin Goodfellow
ABA Coffee Breaks are typically held:
- Every Tuesday at 3:00 p.m. ET
- The last Thursday of each month at 6:00 p.m. ET
ABA launched this live meeting series in March; booksellers who do not have the Zoom meeting ID and password can email email@example.com to get details.
Booksellers are also welcome to email questions or topics for discussion ahead of time to firstname.lastname@example.org.
These sessions are an open forum; the opinions expressed are those of the individual participants, not of ABA. Meetings are recorded, and information discussed is reflective of the time of the recording. Recordings of each session can be found under the Education section on BookWeb.org (a username and password are required).