This week, the American Booksellers Association launched a new, seven-week webinar series to help booksellers as they enter the final quarter of the year, beginning with a webinar on the “Top 10 Things to Know About: Buying Monthly,” which took place on Tuesday, September 1 (see a recap in this week’s BTW).
On Thursday, September 10, at 3:00 p.m. ET, ABA will present the next in the series, “The Top 10 Things to Know About: Managing Cash Flow,” which will feature ABA CFO PK Sindwani. Sign up for the webinar here.
Each week for the remaining five weeks, ABA will present a “Top 10 Things to Know About…” webinar, with each event covering a different topic, including:
- Top 10 Things to Know About: Improving Operational Workflow (September 17 at 3:00 p.m. ET)
- Top 10 Things to Know About: Leveraging Customer and Sales Data (October 1 at 3:00 p.m. ET)
- Top 10 Things to Know About: Leveraging ABA’s Fall Marketing Campaign (October 8 at 3:00 p.m. ET)
- Top 10 Things to Know About: Creating Safe and Profitable Virtual Events (October 15 at 3:00 p.m. ET)
- Top 10 Things to Know About: Keeping Calm and Carrying On (in a World of Face Masks, Hand Sanitizer, Race Relations, and Election Tensions) (October 22 at 3:00 p.m. ET)
Watch BTW for the signup links for each event.
Following each webinar, booksellers will find a recap of the discussion in Bookselling This Week as well as on the dedicated “Top 10 Things to Know About…” page on BookWeb. All webinars will be recorded and added to the Education Resources page.
In addition, Bookselling This Week will cover four more “Top 10” topics in the coming weeks:
- Top 10 Morale Boosters and Self-Care Tips
- Top 10 Tips for Curbside and Delivery Service
- Top 10 Things to Know About Hiring, Training, and Managing Remote Workers
- Top 10 Tips for Ordering Calendars and Nonreturnables
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if your store has implemented successful measures on any of these topics, and your tips may be shared for other booksellers to take advantage of.