Due to the overwhelming response by ABA member booksellers to the initial "Hotel ABA" offer for BookExpo America (BEA) in Chicago next June, ABA has obtained a small additional block of double rooms at the Radisson Hotel & Suites, which is next door to the Allerton/Hotel ABA. ABA members staying at the Radisson will enjoy all the same benefits and the same great rate as those staying at the Hotel ABA/Allerton. (See below for a list of features.)
While the double rooms at the Hotel ABA/Allerton have been sold out, there is a small number of queen and king rooms still available. Act quickly if you would like to reserve a room at either the Allerton or the Radisson.
The special $115 room rate for both hotels will be available beginning on May 25 and extending to June 7, 2004. (BEA trade show dates are Friday, June 4, through Sunday, June 6, with ABA's full day of educational programs on Thursday, June 3.) Given the response to the Hotel ABA, the additional rooms ABA has obtained will sell out long before BEA, so make reservations soon. As with the initial offering, these rooms will be sold on a first-come/first-served basis and are available only to ABA member booksellers.
For reservation information, ABA member booksellers click here.
Similar to the Allerton, the Radisson Hotel & Suites Chicago is located in the heart of Chicago's famed Magnificent Mile and is only 10 minutes from the McCormick Place Convention Center. The Radisson Hotel & Suites was voted one of the premiere hotels in downtown Chicago by the Wall Street Journal. Close to the city's major attractions, the hotel is conveniently situated 12 miles from O'Hare Airport and nine miles from Chicago Midway Airport.
Radisson Hotel & Suites Chicago
160 E. Huron Street
Chicago, Illinois 60611
ABA members staying at the Radisson can go next door to the Allerton and take advantage of all of the Hotel ABA benefits, including:
- Complimentary coffee and pastries each morning;
- A series of publisher-sponsored receptions each evening;
- An exclusive ABA member hospitality suite, providing a convenient meeting place for booksellers;
- A special ABA/BEA concierge table in the hotel lobby, where booksellers can pick up BEA badge-holders and copies of the BEA exhibitors' guide (avoid the long wait at the Convention Center), updated information about convention events, and a welcome package with special surprises from ABA and publishers;
- Special dedicated shuttle bus service between the Hotel ABA and the Convention Center;
If you have any questions, call Kristen Gilligan at ABA at (914) 591-2665, ext.1286, or send an e-mail to email@example.com.