Ten of the 12 featured speakers at this year’s Book & Author Breakfasts at BookExpo will be autographing exclusively for booksellers in the ABA Member Lounge (Booth 721) on the Javits Convention Center show floor, following the breakfasts.
Adult Book & Author Breakfast speakers autographing in the lounge on Thursday, June 1, from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., are:
- Kenya Barris, This Is Basic Sh*t: Uncensored Thoughts From a Black Man About Stuff We Know and Are Shocked You Don’t (Grand Central Publishing)
- Whitney Cummings, I’m Fine…And Other Lies (G.P. Putnam’s Sons)
- Scott Kelly, Endurance: A Year in Space, A Lifetime of Discovery (Knopf)
- Claire Messud, The Burning Girl: A Novel (W.W. Norton & Company)
- Jesmyn Ward, Sing, Unburied, Sing: A Novel (Scribner)
Children’s Book & Author Breakfast speakers signing in the lounge on Friday, June 2, also from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., are:
- Isla Fisher, Marge in Charge (HarperCollins)
- Savannah Guthrie, Princesses Wear Pants (Abrams Books for Young Readers)
- Marieke Nijkamp, Before I Let Go (Sourcebooks Fire)
- Jason Reynolds, Long Way Down (S&S; Caitlyn Dlouhy/Atheneum)
- Jennifer Weiner, Little Bigfoot, Big City (Aladdin)
News about additional authors signing in the lounge following the Wednesday, May 31, Celebration of Bookselling & Author Awards Lunch will be coming soon.
In addition to providing booksellers with a place to rest, network, or pick up a snack, this year’s lounge will feature a galley room, information on ABA programs and services from affiliated business partners, and one-on-one meetings with IndieCommerce staff. For the first time, the ABA Member Lounge will also host a reception featuring winners and finalists for the Children’s Book Council’s Children’s and Teen Choice Book Awards. The reception will take place from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Friday, June 2.
The ABA Member Lounge will be open to booksellers with ABA member badges at the following times during the show:
- Wednesday, May 31, from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, June 1, from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (closed from 2:15 p.m. to 4:15 p.m. for the ABA Annual Membership Meeting and Town Hall)
- Friday, June 2, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
All ABA Regular Bookstore and Provisional members in good standing are entitled to receive free admission badges to the trade show when they provide their ABA Membership ID number during the Book Expo registration process. Booksellers in need of their ID number should contact ABA Member Relationship Manager Nathan Halter via e-mail or at (800) 637-0037, ext. 7514.
A limited number of rooms are still available at this year’s Hotel ABA, The Row NYC Hotel, at a rate of $200 per night, including all taxes and fees. The Row NYC Hotel is located at 700 Eighth Avenue. To access Hotel ABA reservation information, booksellers will need a BookWeb username and password. The hotel reservation deadline is Tuesday, May 16.
Stores that have not renewed their ABA membership for 2017 can still do so and receive free badges to BEA.