As American Booksellers Association member booksellers approach the end of another jam-packed year of education presented at Winter and Children’s Institutes, the regional fall shows, and the Spring Forums, the ABA Education team has put together a list of the top 10 most popular items of curriculum posted on BookWeb’s Education Resources page over the past three years, including videos, handouts, PowerPoint presentations, and more from a variety of sessions, seminars, and featured talks.
A BookWeb username and password are required to access items found on the Education Resources page on BookWeb (booksellers needing login information can e-mail email@example.com).
The top 10 most popular education posts of 2017, 2018, and 2019 according to the ABA Education team are:
- How to be a Highly Effective Bookseller, Manager or Buyer (January 24 ,2019)
- Principals of Bookstore Finance Seminar (October 3, 2018)
- Thriving as a New Bookstore Owner (January 25, 2019)
- Maximizing Pre-Orders (2018 Fall Shows)
- Buying & Selling: Selling Direct to Schools (June 28, 2019)
- ABC Group Presents: Selling Direct to Schools (January 23, 2019)
- Operations & Finances: Small Acts for Financial Gain (June 27, 2019)
- Top Tips for Instagram Success With Two Cats Communications (January 24, 2019)
- Using ABACUS as a Budgeting Tool (January 24, 2019)
- Dealing With Difficult People (January 24, 2019)
- A Year of Profitability (2018 Spring Forums)
- Advanced Education: Do Less, Then Obsess - Recognizing Your Store’s Strengths and Making the Most of Them, With Morten Hansen (January 23, 2018)
Visit BookWeb’s Education Resources page to see a broad range of education materials from previous ABA conferences, forums, and shows, as well as marketing and technology webinars. Booksellers should note that a new, improved browsing function was recently added to make accessing educational materials on BookWeb.org simpler and more intuitive.