The American Booksellers Association has launched the new webinar series “The Top 10 Things to Know About...” to help booksellers as they enter the final quarter of the year.
The next webinar will take place on Thursday, September 17, at 3:00 p.m. ET on “Top 10 Things to Know About: Improving Operational Workflow.” With the onset of COVID-19, many bookstores made an overnight switch from welcoming customers for in-store browsing to operating as fulfillment centers for online orders, curbside pickup, and local deliveries. This change has been one of many that stores have been faced with during this crisis. With online sales predicted to increase across all retail sectors this holiday season, now is the time to review and streamline operational workflow for these new processes made necessary by COVID-19. Join us for a conversation that will help you think about streamlining your current processes — online fulfillment, curbside pickup, local delivery, etc. — to improve efficiency and accuracy.
Following each webinar, booksellers will find a recap of the discussion in Bookselling This Week as well as on the dedicated “Top 10 Things to Know About…” page on BookWeb. All webinars will be recorded and added to the Education Resources page.
- Top 10 Things to Know About: Leveraging Customer and Sales Data (October 1 at 3:00 p.m. ET)
- Top 10 Things to Know About: Leveraging ABA’s Fall Marketing Campaign (October 8 at 3:00 p.m. ET)
- Top 10 Things to Know About: Creating Safe and Profitable Virtual Events (October 15 at 3:00 p.m. ET)
- Top 10 Things to Know About: Keeping Calm and Carrying On (in a World of Face Masks, Hand Sanitizer, Race Relations, and Election Tensions) (October 22 at 3:00 p.m. ET)
Watch BTW for the signup links for each event.
In addition, Bookselling This Week will cover four more “Top 10” topics in the coming weeks:
- Top 10 Tips for Ordering Calendars and Nonreturnables (available now)
- Top 10 Morale Boosters and Self-Care Tips
- Top 10 Tips for Curbside and Delivery Service
- Top 10 Things to Know About Hiring, Training, and Managing Remote Workers
Email email@example.com if your store has implemented successful measures on any of these topics, and your tips may be shared for other booksellers to take advantage of.