The American Booksellers Association has launched the new webinar series “The Top 10 Things to Know About...” to help booksellers as they enter the final quarter of the year.
The next webinar will take place on Thursday, October 1, at 3:00 p.m. ET on “Top 10 Things to Know About: Leveraging Customer and Sales Data.”
You’ve probably heard the phrase “data is king” many times, and it isn’t going anywhere. Knowing how to collect and use your customer and sales data is key to successful marketing and better customer engagement. Jordan Brannon and Cassandra Cross of Coalition Technologies will provide an introduction on how sales and customer data is collected through a few sources, and ABA’s Ryan Quinn will present the top 10 tips and notes from indie bookstores.
Following each webinar, booksellers will find a recap of the discussion in Bookselling This Week as well as on the dedicated “Top 10 Things to Know About…” page on BookWeb. All webinars will be recorded and added to the Education Resources page.
- Top 10 Things to Know About: Leveraging ABA’s Fall Marketing Campaign (October 8 at 3:00 p.m. ET)
- Top 10 Things to Know About: Creating Safe and Profitable Virtual Events (October 15 at 3:00 p.m. ET)
- Top 10 Things to Know About: Keeping Calm and Carrying On (in a World of Face Masks, Hand Sanitizer, Race Relations, and Election Tensions) (October 22 at 3:00 p.m. ET)
Watch BTW for the signup links for each event.
In addition, Bookselling This Week will cover four more “Top 10” topics in the coming weeks:
- Top 10 Tips for Ordering Calendars and Nonreturnables (available now)
- Top 10 Tips for Curbside and Delivery Service
- Top 10 Morale Boosters and Self-Care Tips
- Top 10 Things to Know About Hiring, Training, and Managing Remote Workers
Email email@example.com if your store has implemented successful measures on any of these topics, and your tips may be shared for other booksellers to take advantage of.