To help booksellers with critical fourth-quarter sales, a number of publishers have launched special offers on titles as well as rapid replenishment for shipping. Booksellers can visit the Book Buyer’s Handbook to see many of these offers on the “Holiday and Other Shipping Offers” and “Additional Publisher Offers” pages. Booksellers are also encouraged to reach out to their sales reps to discuss individual requests.
Here’s a brief roundup; see full details in the Book Buyer’s Handbook:
- Penguin Random House “Books Give More” promotion: Through December 31, 2020, independent booksellers who promote at least 20 titles from a select list of books will receive a “Books Give More” marketing allowance from Penguin Random House. Booksellers need to sign up to participate by November 12.
- Penguin Random House Virtual Events Support Program: Through April 30, 2021, accounts can earn a $500 promotional allowance for each virtual event that has been scheduled by a Penguin Random House publicist.
- Penguin Random House two-day transit: Through March 1, 2021, orders received from indies by 3:00 p.m. ET Monday-Friday will ship the next business day, to arrive as two-day transit.
- Hachette rapid replenishment: All replenishment orders received on Mondays by 3:00 p.m. ET will be entered, picked, packed, and shipped to arrive no later than Friday of the same week.
- Macmillan expedited shipping: Shipments to ship-to locations within the continental U.S. that have standard ground shipping times of three business days or greater from Macmillan’s Gordonsville warehouse will be made by two-day air.
- HarperCollins Fall 2020 Holiday Express Program: Through January 8, 2021, qualifying orders received by 3:00 p.m. ET will ship the next business day and will be expedited so that in most cases they will be delivered in two business days.
- HarperCollins frontlist offer: Through December 31, 2020, booksellers can take advantage of an additional discount on HarperCollins frontlist titles.
- Scholastic 2020 Indie Express Ship: All orders will be sent via express shipping when the indie express shipping program is mentioned on the order.
- Scholastic retailer stock offer: Through November 30, 2020, booksellers are eligible for an additional discount and delayed billing.
- Scholastic’s Klutz fall retail promotion: Through December 15, 2020, booksellers are eligible for a free spinner with a minimum order.