Just in time for Independent Bookstore Day, President Barack Obama has released six videos in support of books, reading, and independent bookstores.
In six separate videos, President Obama spoke with:
- Bradley Graham of Politics & Prose in Washington, D.C.
- Hilary Gustafson of Literati Bookstore in Ann Arbor, Michigan
- James Fugate and Tom Hamilton of Eso Won Books in Los Angeles, California
- Karen Hayes of Parnassus Books in Nashville, Tennessee
- Noëlle Santos of The Lit. Bar in the Bronx, New York
- Richard Howorth of Square Books in Oxford, Mississippi
The videos can be found on each individual store’s social media platforms. Booksellers who would like to join in on the fun and re-post can use these tags: #IndieBookstoreDay #APromisedLand @barackobama @crownpublishing
Crown has also created four quote cards booksellers can post to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or other platforms. Marketing assets to promote the conversations can be found on BookWeb.org.