Beginning this week, the American Booksellers Association is recasting its weekly Kobo e-mail newsletter into the “Kobo: What You Need to Know” newsletter, which will be sent every two weeks to deliver high priority Kobo news while minimizing clutter in booksellers’ inboxes.
Here’s a look at the news in this week’s first edition:
Celebrate Mother’s Day With Kobo
To celebrate Mother’s Day, Kobo is offering special pricing on two devices. Consumers will receive $10 off the Kobo Aura and $20 off the Kobo Arc 7HD 16GB or 32GB tablet from April 23 through May 11, 2014. Sales must be reported by June 1, 2014.
Prices are as follows:
- Arc 7HD 16GB – $199.99 ($19 rebate)
- Arc 7HD 32GB – $249.99 ($19 rebate)
- Aura – $129.99 ($9.50 rebate)
As an added bonus, Kobo will pre-load the following free content onto the devices:
- The Secret Book of Grazia dei Rossi, by Jacqueline Park, along with a preview of the upcoming The Legacy of Grazia de Rossi, releasing this fall (retail value $16.99)
- Exclusive Magazine Bundle, including the May issues of Reader’s Digest, Taste of Home, Birds and Blooms, and Reminisce (retail value $16)
DIY materials and web banners will be available soon in the promotion-specific Kobo section of Designs and Downloads on BookWeb.org.
Easter and Indie Next List Promotions
An Easter Weekend Sale, from April 17 at 12:00 a.m. EDT to April 21 at 11:59 p.m. EDT, offers up to 70 percent off select eBooks listed at the link www.kobo.com/weekendsale; no promo code is necessary.
Pre-loaded Indie Next List Samples
From April 15 through June 1, Kobo will be pre-loading the following Indie Next List eBooks as previews for new and current account holders:
- The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender
- The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry
- Frog Music
- And the Dark Sacred Night
- Boy, Snow, Bird: A Novel
Customers can visit their library and download the files before June 1, 2014.
Kobo’s Daily Deal
The Daily Deal is an ongoing and easy promotion to feature on store websites. Booksellers simply need to create an affiliated link to the page once, and customers have a link they can click every day for a new sale. For more information, click here.
All past Kobo updates can be accessed by visiting the Kobo Announcement Archive on BookWeb.org.