Here’s the latest news from Independent Bookstore Day (IBD):
Access the IBD Marketing Kit
Booksellers can download and print signs, book teasers, and shelf-talkers to promote the event in their stores, as well as images for social media posts.
What to Do: Getting Ready for IBD
- Start marketing in-store now! Hand out IBD bookmarks and put together displays with material from the IBD marketing kit above.
- Join ABA’s Marketing Meetup on April 1 to learn about planning for IBD (sign up for the Marketing Meetup mailing list at the bottom of this page to get the event link).
- Highlight your celebration plans in your April newsletter.
- Reach out to local media to share your plans for the day.
- Participate in the #BookstoreShoutOut social media campaign beginning April 6.
- Post on social media daily, and don’t forget to retweet and share; images of all the exclusive items are on the IBD website.
- Join the IBD Twitter party on Wednesday, April 21, at 4:00 p.m. ET by following @bookstoreday or #indiebookstoreday.
- Make sure your store is well-staffed on April 24!
Thanks to This Year’s IBD Sponsors
IBD is made possible by the generous contributions of industry sponsors, including:
- Penguin Random House
- Simon & Schuster, 2021 tote bag sponsor
- Ingram, distribution partner
- Lightning Source, printing partner
- HarperCollins, bookmark sponsor
- Sourcebooks, bookmark sponsor
- Arcadia Publishing, bookmark sponsor
- Turtle Point Press, bookmark sponsor
- Wiley, sticker sponsor
- HarperCollins, Literary Scholar level
- Diamond Distribution, Avid Reader level
- Catapult, Avid Reader sponsorship
Check out the latest IBD newsletter with special offers from HarperCollins, Workman, and Candlewick.
Booksellers with questions about the event can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.