Registered booksellers should check their inboxes (and spam folders) for an invitation to log in to the American Booksellers Association’s 16th annual Winter Institute (Wi16), which is taking place February 18-20.
The important emails about Winter Institute have the following subject lines:
- Get Ready for the 16th Annual Winter Institute! (sent from firstname.lastname@example.org on Monday, February 15)
- Virtual World, Real Booksellers: A Winter Institute Itinerary (sent from email@example.com on Tuesday, February 16)
- Here’s Your Login Link for Winter Institute (sent from firstname.lastname@example.org on Wednesday, February 17)
- Log in Now to Join Winter Institute! (coming from email@example.com on Thursdsay, February 18)
Additional important links for Winter Institute are as follows:
- The program (full schedule plus at-a-glance), which includes education handouts, rep picks packets, and rep picks seating assignments (to be posted tomorrow, but also found in your Wi16 confirmation email)
- Tech tips (including update your Zoom, close all your tabs, refresh your browser, etc.)
- Code of Conduct
- Antitrust Guidelines
If you signed up for meetings or events within Winter Institute, you should watch or check your inbox for the following:
- From the IndieCommerce staff (firstname.lastname@example.org): IndieCommerce one-on-one appointment registration confirmations with Google Meet links (sent on Friday, February 13)
- From the American Booksellers Association (email@example.com): Your Zoom link to join the Bookseller-to-Bookseller Discussion Groups on February 18 (sent on Monday, February 15)
- From the American Booksellers Association (firstname.lastname@example.org): For booksellers who expressed interest in attending, a link to the BIPOC Coffee Break on February 18 (coming on Thursday, February 18)
Attendees experiencing technical difficulties can email email@example.com. General questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. ABA staff are working hard to ensure all questions get answered in a timely manner.