Indies First/Small Business Saturday is just a couple weeks away! In addition to in-store and window display posters to promote the November 27 event, here are some other resources and tips to get the word out for your store.
- Visit ShopSmall.com for materials to promote Small Business Saturday and your store. You can also find Indies First specific marketing materials on BookWeb.org.
- Libro.fm is back with the Thanks for Giving promotion. When customers spend at least $15 USD at any independent bookstore from November 24-30, they can get a free, bestselling audiobook* from Libro.fm. Last year more than 3,000 customers participated, spending over $170,000 at bookstores. Libro.fm has provided teaser graphics and social copy to use.*The 12 titles will be revealed on 11/24.
- Post photos of your events on social media using #IndiesFirst. We plan to “like” and repost as much as possible. We'll be spreading the news on IndieBound's Facebook and Twitter, as well as on ABA's Instagram account.
- Do your local newspapers, bloggers, and radio stations know your plans? Look through your community's event listings, online and in print, and consider who might be doing a holiday story, or who would have an interest in independent retail, bookstores, or the authors coming to the store.
- Do any local media outlets have Facebook pages that you can add a comment to, or accounts you can reference via tweet?
- Now is a great time to submit an op-ed to a local paper about the importance of shopping local this season, or what it means to your community. See a recent op-ed written by Danny Caine of The Raven Book Store for a great example, or reach out to ABA if you need assistance.