American Booksellers Association health insurance partner LIG Solutions recently launched a new subscription pharmacy benefit designed to help ABA members save on both prescription and over-the-counter medications.
The benefit, called LIG Solutions Rx, is a national pharmacy program based in Akron, Ohio. All medications are American-sourced and shipped securely with tracking. The monthly subscription pharmacy program adheres to the latest pharmacology standards and is not a discount/savings card or insurance. The pharmacy benefit is completely separate from health insurance. As a result, booksellers with and without health insurance can subscribe to the pharmacy benefit.
The LIG Solutions Rx benefits include:
Set pricing on all medications:
- Acute medications (immediate need), most for $5/21 day supply
- Chronic medications (maintenance), most for $15/90 day supply
- Over-the-counter medications (ex: Allegra, Advil, Tylenol)
- Pharmacy pickup at any pharmacy for acute medications and home delivery service through LIG Solutions Rx pharmacy for chronic and over-the-counter medications
- Pharmacy coaching to educate members on possible medication options and opportunities to save money in consultation with you and your doctor
Exclusive SaveOnDiabetes program, which includes:
- No-cost meters and a starter kit with test strips/lancets
- Low-cost test strips and lancets
- Free oral diabetes medications
- Insulin for $19.88 per vial through Walmart
The monthly subscription cost for LIG Solutions Rx is:
- $9.95/month for single
- $14.95/month for single plus one
- $19.95/month for family
For general questions about the pharmacy benefit, visit ABA’s landing page (ABA login required) and click on the LIG SolutionsRx button about halfway down the page. For specific questions about the pharmacy benefit, contact the LIG Solutions pharmacy.
REMINDER: The Special Enrollment Period for health insurance will end on August 15, 2021. If booksellers need to get coverage or make a change to existing health coverage, now is the time to act. Booksellers may also qualify for significant health insurance subsidies as part of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021. Bookstore owners, please note that now is the perfect time to look at your employee coverage options for 2022.