Thank you all for coming! Follow Bookselling This Week for news about the next IndieCommerce Institute and upcoming training webinars.
IndieCommerce Institute 2017 @ Winter Institute
January 27, 2017
10 am to 5 pm
The Hyatt Regency Minneapolis
Pre-registration required; $125 fee pp. Space is limited.
The IndieCommerce Institute is a one-day, interactive learning experience for IndieCommerce stores only. This will be a classroom-style workshop that goes beyond basic training, providing actionable information useful for new and experienced stores. Our guest speaker at lunch will be Mark Pearson the CEO of the digital audiobook platform, Libro.fm. Mark will discuss practical tips for reaching new customers with digital audiobooks. Attendees should have worked on their website for at least a year, but users new to the platform who are comfortable working on their website are also welcome. Attendance at the Winter Institute is not required.
Discussion Topics (subject to change)
Working with Images
- Display and manipulate images
- Create custom image styles
- Use images in views, slideshows and image galleries
- Use tools like Colorbox and ImageCrop
- ADA compatibility and best practices
- Understand the menu structure and menu types
- Create new menus and manage existing ones
- Dropdown menus using Superfish, Suckerfish, Nice Menus
- Responsive menus
- Customize menus
- Introduction to the affiliate program
- ‘Store’ vs ‘IndieBound’ affiliates
- Reports, commissions, clicks, etc.
- Introduction to Rules and conditional actions
- Basic concepts and configuration
- Practical use-cases
Google Analytics (GA) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Overview of GA and SEO
- Drupal GA and SEO plugins available for IndieCommerce
- GA and SEO best practices