IndieCommerce & Kobo eBooks
IndieCommerce is the American Booksellers Association’s
e-commerce platform for independent bookstores. The system provides the tools for indie bookstores to create unique, content-rich, and easy-to-operate, fully transactional ecommerce websites. IndieCommerce stores can sell print books, ebooks, and the store’s specialty items, all supported by ABA’s experienced development and customer service team.
IndieCommerce is available to any ABA member bookstore, whether brick and mortar or online-only. The cost is $100 per month for the first 12 months, and $175 per month thereafter.
2016 Price Special! For the first three months after signup, new IndieCommerce program participants will pay just $25 per month; for the next three months, the fee will become $100 per month, a savings of $75 from the standard IndieCommerce program fee.
The top features of IndieCommerce—
DEVELOPED FOR INDEPENDENT BOOKSTORES
- Designed and developed exclusively for independent bookstores
- Scalable open-source Drupal based ecommerce platform with contemporary features
- Hosting services
EXPANSIVE TITLE DATABASES
- A title database of more than 5 million print books
- Search integration with the Kobo database of more than 4 million eBooks
AS UNIQUE AS YOUR STORE
- Customizable look and feel
- Unlimited pages, sections, content, characters, and products
- In-store inventory book upload
- Store's unique products in inventory
DESIGNED FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS
- Improved search ranks based on stock, sales history, and format
- Search engine optimized URLs
- Easy check-out with in-store pickup, shipping options, and various payment options including credit cards, PayPal, coupon codes, and online gift codes
Please visit the FAQs, New Users Guide, and Help Desk (links in the upper left corner of this page) for more information, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
ABA members interested in selling ebooks can join the Kobo eReading program, and offer their customers more than five million titles. ABA members share in the revenue on every sale.
ABA members interested in carrying eReaders may order any number of units of current models directly from Kobo. Orders must be placed through the Kobo corporate site. To purchase. email Catherine Villar at Kobo with the store name, city and state, and the name and email address of the person authorized to purchase devices and accessories. Only one email per store will be authorized. (Please contact Kobo directly for all eReader inquiries, including customer service on existing models.)
See Designs & Downloads for Kobo Sales Tools, Product Information and DIY Materials