Creating An Event
Creating ‘Events’ is a highly recommended step, as you want to keep visitors of your website informed on things going on in the store. The steps below give you all the options available when doing so. The only required options are those noted with a red asterisk *.
CREATE AN EVENT
Navigate to: Content > Add Content > Event
There are several available fields for you to utilize to create the content of your page:
Title*: This text will be used in 4 places:
- The title on your browser window
- The header on your published page
- It will also be used to construct the actual URL of the page
- The Event name displayed on the ‘Event Calendar’
- Body: Use the built in WYSIWYG editor to add text, images, links, and any type of content that tells visitors about the event. Not familiar with the WYSIWYG icons? Review our "WYSIWYG Editor Key".
- Event Date*: The start date/time and end/date time appear on the event page itself as well as control where the event is placed on the ‘Event Calendar’.
- Event Address: Location of the event that will appear on the event page.
- Books: Are there specific books associated with this event? Add them here.
You can customize the settings of any of these tabs to your preference:
- Menu Settings
- Book Outline
- Revision Information
- URL Path settings
- Meta tags
- Authoring Information
- Publishing Options
You have now created your event. If you did not place it in a menu during setup you may do so now by visiting Structure > Menus > Menu of choice and adding it appropriately. Otherwise, your ‘Event’ is created, the node is published and it is automatically added to the ‘Event Calendar’ which is located at www.yoursitename.com/event.